- Send your article through the platform MyReview
- Important dates for the 62 issue of the Journal:
- Submission deadline: November 16, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: January 18, 2019
- Camera ready: February 4, 2019
- Published: March, 2019
The work you submit for review for publication in the Journal of the Society must satisfy the following norms:
- The maximum size allowed for contributions is up to 8 DIN A4 (210 x 297 mm.) pages, including references and figures.
- Since the review process is double-blind, the name of the authors has not been in the paper. The references to previous papers of the authors have to be anonymized.
- The articles can be written in English or Spanish. The title, abstract and key-words must be written in both languages.
- The main title, abstract and key-words must be written in the same language than the paper.
- In case you use the latex template, if the language of the paper is Spanish, you have to use the package “sepln”, and
- if the language of the paper is English, you have to use the package “sepln_en”.
- The labels of tables and figures must be located at the bottom of the corresponding object, and you must not write a
- period at the end of the label.
- The acknowledgments must be written in a section without number just before the references section.
- The document format must be Word or LaTex.
LaTeX format – Download the LaTeX template.
The PDF file will be sent with all the necessary sources for its LaTeX compilation.
Word format – Download the Word template.
The PDF file will be sent with the DOC or RTF file.
Format of thesis abstracts
The SEPLN encourages to the NLP researchers to submit a synopsis of their thesis for being published in the Journal of the Society. If your thesis is related with the Natural Language Processing, and you have the intention of submit a summing up for its publication, the document must have the following structure:
- The maximum size allowed is up to 4 pages.
- Name and surname of the author.
- University or workplace of the author.
- Mailing address.
- The title of the thesis (in Spanish and English).
- An abstract in Spanish and in English with a maximum size of 150 words. The abstract must be included information about
- the place, the date of the defense, thesis director(s), the defense committee and the qualification of the thesis.
- A list of keywords in Spanish and English.
- The first section must sum up the objectives and the motivation of the thesis.
- The second section must describe the structure or the organization of the thesis.
- The third section must indicate the most important contributions.
- The most highlighted published works of the author must be included in the last section of References.
Only abstracts of theses will be accepted in the even numbers of the Journal.
How to cite the journal
In order to ensure uniformity in the way of citing the journal Natural Language Processing several examples of how you should cite articles published in the journal are displayed.
Muñoz-Gil, R., Aparicio, F., & de Buenaga, M. (2012). Sistema de Acceso a la Información basado en conceptos utilizando Freebase en Español-Inglés sobre el dominio Médico y Turístico. Procesamiento del Lenguaje Natural, 49, 29-38. Retrieved from http://journal.sepln.org/sepln/ojs/ojs/index.php/pln/article/view/4560
To facilitate the citation of the articles in the journal, each item has the option “How to cite item”, which shows different formats how to cite the article. Among the most useful formats included are: BibTex, EndNote and RefWorks. To see an example, follow the link to the article “Sistema de Acceso a la Información basado en conceptos utilizando Freebase en Español-Inglés sobre el dominio Médico y Turístico“, and in the menu bar on the right you will find the option “How to cite item”.