38th International Conference of the Spanish Society for Natural Language Processing SEPLN 2022
20-23 de septiembre de 2022
The Spanish Society for Natural Language Processing (SEPLN) is pleased to invite you to participate in the 38th edition of the SEPLN Conference.
The huge amount of information available in digital format and in different languages calls for systems to enable us to access this vast library in an increasingly more structured way. In this same area, there is a renewed interest in improving information accessibility and information exploitation in multilingual environments. Most of the formal foundations for dealing appropriately with these necessities have been, and are still being, established in the area of Natural Language Processing and its many branches: information extraction and retrieval, language models, question answering, machine translation, automatic analysis of textual content, text summarization, text simplification, text generation, and speech recognition and synthesis.
The main aim of the SEPLN Conference is to provide, both to the scientific community and to the industry, a forum where to present and share the latest research and developments in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP). The SEPLN Conference also gives the possibility to present real NLP applications, as well as different R+D projects.
Additionally, as in previous editions, there is the intention of identifying future guidelines or paths for basic research and foreseen software applications, in order to compare them against the market needs. Finally, the conference intends to be an appropriate forum in helping new professionals to become active members in this field.
Topics of interest
Researchers and companies are encouraged to send communications, project abstracts or demonstrations on topics related to language technology, including but not limited to:
- Linguistic, mathematical, and psycholinguistic models of language
- Machine learning in NLP
- Computational lexicography and terminology
- Corpus linguistics
- Development of linguistic resources and tools
- Grammars and formalisms for morphological and syntactic analysis
- Semantics, pragmatics, and discourse
- Word sense disambiguation
- Monolingual and multilingual text generation
- Machine translation
- Knowledge and common sense
- Speech synthesis and recognition
- Dialogue systems and interactive systems/ Conversational assistants
- Audio indexing and retrieval
- Monolingual and multilingual information extraction and retrieval
- Question answering systems
- Evaluation of NLP systems
- Automatic textual content analysis
- Sentiment analysis, opinion mining, and argument mining
- Plagiarism detection
- Negation and speculation processing
- Text mining in the blogosphere and social networks
- Text summarization
- Text simplification
- Image retrieval
- NLP in the biomedical domain
- NLP-based generation of teaching resources
- NLP for languages with limited resources
- NLP industrial applications
- Low-resource NLP tasks, data augmentation
All information related to the conference can be found at https://sepln2022.grupolys.org/en/sepln-2022-english-page/ for any further questions contact congreso.sepln2022 [at] udc.gal.
Structure of the Conference
The conference will be a three-day event and will include sessions to present papers, posters, tutorials, ongoing research projects, and prototype or product demonstrations connected with topics addressed in the conference.
Besides, different workshops will also be held.
- Deadline for the submission of Communications, Projects, and Demos: March 20th, 2022.
- Submission deadline extension: March 31st, 2022.
- First notification of acceptance: May 6th, 2022.
- Camera Ready: May 20th, 2022.
- IberLEF Workshop: September 20th, 2022.
- Conference: September 21-23, 2022.
Guide for authors
To be announced.
Projects and Demos
Like in previous years, the organizers encourage participants to give presentations of R&D projects and demos of systems or tools related to the NLP field. The session will be poster-based. For presentations on R&D projects to be accepted, the following information must be included:
- Project title;
- Author name, affiliation, address, e-mail, and phone number;
- Funding institutions;
- Research Groups participating in the project;
- An abstract in English and Spanish (maximum 150 words) and a list of keywords;
- Maximum length: 4 pages (including references).
- Choose 'Projects and Demos' as the main topic.
In this edition, demos and projects will be published in a CEUR accompanied proceedings volume.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON CAMERA READY
The final version of the paper (camera-ready) should be submitted together with a cover letter explaining how the suggestions of the reviewers were implemented in the final version. This cover letter will be considered in order to accept or finally reject the selected paper.
Manuscript submission guidelines for the SEPLN journal must be followed: www.sepln.org/?page_id=1285&lang=en
In addition, all proposals will have to comply with the following requirements, depending on whether they are papers, demos, or projects.